진행자: 윤민식, Kevin Lee Selzer
1. Ultrafine dust chokes Korea, cold spell expected late Wednesday
기사요약: 한반도를 강타한 초미세먼지가 기승을 부림에 따라 올겨울 들어 첫 비상조치가 취해지고, 초미세먼지주의보가 유지되고 있다.
 South Korea was blanketed by a high level of particulate pollution Tuesday, prompting emergency dust reduction measures(조치) for the first time this winter and an ultrafine dust advisory(주의보) issued in the afternoon.
* ultrafine dust: 초미세먼지 (fine: 미세한, 가는)
* choke: 숨막히게 하다
* cold spell: 한파 (<-> heatwave)
* blanket: 뒤덮다 (=cover)
* particulate: 미립자의
* prompt: 촉발하다
* advisory: 주의보
 The implementation of emergency measures was extended into Wednesday with the high level of PM 2.5 -- ultrafine particles less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter -- expected to continue across the country due to the stagnant air over the peninsula and the inflow of particles from abroad.
* implementation: 이행, 실행
* emergency measure: 비상조치
* particle: 입자
* due to ~: ~로 인하여 (=because of)
* stagnant: 고여있는, 침체된
* abroad: 해외의 (<-> domestic: 국내의)
 Seoul, Incheon, Gyeonggi Province and North Chungcheong Province were to be under the emergency measures for the second consecutive day Wednesday.
* was to be~: ~할 예정이었다
* consecutive: 연속된 (=straight, ~in a row: ~번 연속으로)
2. Big Hit denies rumored disputes with BTS
기사요약: 최근 JTBC가 방탄소년단과 소속사 빅히트 엔터테인먼트가 수익분배와 재계약 관련해 분쟁을 겪고 있다고 보도한 것에 대해 빅히트가 공식적으로 부인했다.
 Big Hit Entertainment has denied a recent report that the agency and BTS have been in dispute over profit distribution and the renewal of a contract.
* rumored: ~로 소문이 난 (=alleged: ~라고 주장된, <-> factual: 사실에 기반한)
* deny: 부인하다 (<-> admit: 인정하다)
* in dispute: 분쟁중인
* distribution: 이익
* renewal: (계약, 자격 등을) 갱신 (re-sign: 재계약하다 * resign: 사임하다와 헷갈릴 수 있으니 주의)
 On Monday, broadcast station JTBC’s “News Room” aired a report that said the band and its members’ parents have been looking into taking legal action against the agency.
* air a report: 보도를 방송에 내보내다. (=broadcast a report)
* looking into: ~를 알아보다
* take legal action: 법적 조치를 취하다 (=file suit against)
 A few hours after the news was broadcast, the agency released a statement saying, “The report is groundless.” “BTS and the members’ parents are currently not looking into taking any legal actions against the company,” the statement read.
* groundless: 근거없는 (=well-grounded, grounded in reality)
* statement: 성명, 진술