Haemul-pajeon is a savory pancake with plenty of green onion and seafood coated with mushy dough and beaten egg on top. It is a well-harmonized dish studded with soft green onions and tasty seafood. Dongnae-pajeon is a famous dish from Busan in South Gyeongsang Province.
● 100 g mussel flesh, 70 g clam flesh, 70 g oysters
● 200 g small green onions
● 1 green pepper
● 1 red pepper
● 1 egg
● 85 g (1/2 cup) cooking oilBatter
● 95 g (1 cup) wheat flour
● 30 g (1/3 cup) non-glutinous rice powder
● 1 g (1/4 teaspoon) salt
● 200 g (1 cup) water Seasonings
● 4 g (1 teaspoon) salt
● 0.3 g (1/3 teaspoon) ground black pepper Vinegar soy sauce
● 18 g (1 tablespoon) soy sauce
● 15 g (1 tablespoon) vinegar
● 15 g (1 tablsepoon) water
1. Gently wash the seafood in salt water and drain with a strainer (190 g). Slice them into 1 cm wide pieces, season with salt and ground black pepper, then let it sit for 10 min.
2. Cut the green/red pepper diagonally into 2-cm-long and 0.3-cm-thick pieces and seed. Trim and wash small green onion, cut into 10-cm-long pieces (150 g).
3. Add non-glutinous rice powder, salt and water to the wheat flour, then mix thoroughly (270 g).
4.Beat the egg.
5. Blend the vinegar and soy sauce.
6. Preheat the frying pan and oil. On medium heat, put half a ladle of batter on the pan.
7. Place the green onion on the dough and add the prepared seafood, green/red pepper. Spread out another half ladle of batter on top, and spread 2~3 tablespoons of beaten egg over it.
8. On a medium heat, panfry for 5 minutes. When the bottom is well-done, turn over, cover with a lid, fry for another 3 minutes.
9. Serve with the vinegar and soy sauce. Tip
For Dongnae-pajeon, non-glutinous rice powder or glutinous rice powder with anchovy soup may be added to the dough.
(Adapted from the Taste of Korea)