Business
Renault Samsung decides to cut output by 20 pct
Published : Mar 30, 2011 - 12:01
Updated : Mar 30, 2011 - 12:01

    Renault Samsung Motors Co., the South Korean unit of French automaker Renault SA, said Wednesday it will cut its output by about 20 percent from next month due to an undersupply of parts from quake-hit Japan.

   The company is said to import up to 18 percent of all parts for its vehicles from Japanese suppliers, largely because of Renault's strategic alliance with Japan's Nissan Motor Co.

   Renault Samsung was forced to cut all extra work hours of its employees shortly after the powerful quake and tsunami halted the operation of its Japanese suppliers earlier this month.

   "Following the temporary halt of extra work from March 18, the company plans to reduce its vehicle output by about 20 percent for one month from the start of April," Renault Samsung said in a released statement.

   "The output will be re-adjusted depending on the resumption of deliveries of parts." (Yonhap News)

 

naver
MOST POPULAR
LATEST NEWS