President Moon Jae-in on Tuesday appointed Kim Sang-jo as the chief of the Fair Trade Commission against main conservative opposition parties' resistance, and named four new minister nominees.
- appoint: 임명하다 (n. appointment) - resistance: 저항 (v. resist) - nominee: 후보자 (v. nominate, -ee)
 Saying Kim is the right person to realize Moon's vision for economic reforms, chief presidential press officer Yoon Young-chan said that Moon has decided to go ahead with Kim's appointment.
- realize: 실현하다 (<-> 깨닫다) - reform: 개혁 - go ahead with: 계획 등을 밀고 나가다, 실행하다
 "The times require a new paradigm of economic democracy. As time cannot be wasted further, Kim Sang-jo is appointed as the Fair Trade Commission chairman," Yoon said.
- The times: 현 시대 - paradigm: 패러다임
[4 ] "The new chairman's abilities were proven in the confirmation hearing process. In the eyes of the people, who consider capabilities more important than faults, I dare say that Kim has already passed the vetting process."
- abilities: 능력, 역량 - confirmation hearing process: 국회 청문회 과정 - dare say: 감히 말하다 - vetting: 검증 (후보자)
 An unidentified parcel bomb that exploded at Seoul's Yonsei University on Tuesday appears to be a nail bomb, similar to the one used in the recent terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert venue in the UK.
- parcel: 소포 - similar to: 비슷하다 - venue: 장소
 The explosive, made from a coffee tumbler, gunpowder and four AA-size batteries, was "clumsily made" and looked like it was the work of an amateur, police said.
 However, it contained scores of screws 1 centimeter long or shorter to make it more lethal. A professor of engineering who opened the parcel suffered minor burns and was taken to a nearby hospital.